Dear list members,

I am one of the founders of the Physiotherapy Evidence Database
(PEDro, ptwww.cchs.usyd.edu.au/pedro) which is a freely accessible
database of systematic reviews and randomised controlled trials in
physiotherapy. To date we have over 2200 records.

We are currently conducting additional searches of electronic
databases to ensure we are not missing any records. For other
relevant databases (Medline, CINAHL, Sports Discus) we are using
search filters designed to find systematic reviews and randomised
controlled trials. We have been unable to find such search strategies
for PsychINFO (Ovid) and are keen to find such a strategy rather than
reinvent the wheel and write one ourselves.  Recent correspondence
with the American Psychological Association indicates that there is a
new value Clinical Trial in the latest version of the database, yet we
are looking for a more comprehensive filter similar to the ones we are
using for other databases.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks in advance,
Cathie

Cathie Sherrington, PhD
Co-founder
Centre for Evidence-Based Physiotherapy
Faculty of Health Sciences
University of Sydney
PO Box 170, Lidcombe NSW 1825
Australia

Research Manager
NHMRC Injury Partnership Project
Prince of Wales Medical Research Institute
Barker St, Randwick, NSW, 2031
Australia