  -----Original Message-----
  From: The Disability-Research Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Harriet Radermacher
  Sent: 08 May 2001 17:05
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Source search - Is the disability movement unrepresentative of
the majority?

  I'm trying to track down a specific source - I suppose there might be
several - that stated that the people involved in the disability movement
only comprise 5% of the disabled population - it went on to discuss the
prospect that the disability movement is in danger of creating the very
system that it has been fighting to abolish - that is, a system that does
not listen to the voices of the people/consumers themselves and consequently
is unrepresentative of disabled people.

  Please forgive me if this information is inaccurate - hence the reason for
questioning the source! If anyone could enlighten me about this, or a
similar source, it would be much appreciated.

  Thanks, Harriet