>Should we start a list here for everybody else's favourites?

Most of my difficult views have been corrected by asking the cricoid presser
to ease up a bit, or even let go. I've supervised many RSIs where the
frustrated junior laryngoscopist has changed blades, head position etc. and
can't see anything other than the epiglottis or even nothing at all. When
I've taken over I've had the same view and the only thing left to change is
the Sellick's manoeuvre, which when adjusted has resulted in a
gasp-of-relief-inducing grade I view. The worry is that this is often with
folks who say they know how to do it (ICU nurses, paramedics, ALS providers)
but on re-evaluating their technique (after the horse has bolted) they often
don't. My most 'anal' check pre-intubation now is the intended cricoid
pressure technique.

Cliff Reid
Emergency Physician, London