Hi all, it's a bit quiet out there isn't it? Everybody busy
or just hibernating?

With a bit of luck somebody will be able to help out a lady
who contacted LSJ recently concerning Lady Well, Glasgow.
In her own words.......

Can anyone direct me to historical information, artwork, textual references,
anything at all concerning Glasgow's Ladywell? It sits at the bottom of
Ladywell Street at the base of the Necropolis (burial hill) behind Glasgow
Cathedral, within yards of Trennent Caledonian Brewery.

After a year of part-time research I think I have found most of what is in
the Mitchell Library so am turning to other sources now, because there is so
little on it. Have already consulted with TCB and will check with church
records here, etc. but if anyone can steer me to anything at all I will be
glad and grateful. The well - or, rather, the wall niche with iron urn over
the site of the onetime celebrated well - remains intact but well-forgotten
after refurbishing by TCB in the 1980's.

Please reply to the list or to me personally and i'll pass
on any info to her as she is not a list memebr. Thanks in
advance.

Enjoy,

Rich

Rich Pederick
Living Spring Journal - THE International Electronic
Forum for Research into Holy Wells & Waterlore
http://www.bath.ac.uk/lispring/journal/front.htm