Hi Margaret,

Is there more than one holy well in Liberton then? I know
of the Balm / St Catherine's / 'Oyley' well as LSJ ran an
article on it by Helen Williams last year. Do you have a
reference for Our Lady's well please?

Cheers,

Rich

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001 00:12:53 +0100 Margaret Smythe
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about the Lady Well at Liberton in Edinburgh?  I have been over every inch of gorund imaginable with no luck yet my aunt insists it was "there" two years ago.  Unfortunately she's wheelchair bound in a nursing home and getting her out well-hunting isn't exactly easy.
>
> Regards,
> Maggie
> in Edinburgh

Rich Pederick
Living Spring Journal - THE International Electronic
Forum for Research into Holy Wells & Waterlore
http://www.bath.ac.uk/lispring/journal/front.htm