Dear Colleagues

You may be interested to know that EURYDICE at NFER as recently upgraded its
website.

http://www.nfer.ac.uk/eurydice

EURYDICE is the European information network on education in Europe which
forms an integral part of the European Community's SOCRATES programme.  The
Network comprises the 15 member states of the European Union, the three
EFTA/EEA countries, the 10 Central and Eastern European pre-accession
countries and Cyprus and Malta.  EURYDICE at NFER is the National Unit for
England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

The site will be invaluable if your users need:
        * Current information on developments in education in the UK and
other European countries
        * Background information for a study visit in Europe
        * Brief information on education systems in the UK for visitors from
abroad

Or would like to know?
        * How education is organised in the UK and Europe
        * How a specific aspect of education policy is dealt with in other
European countries
        * Where to go for information on studying in the UK or Europe

The site also provides access to the main EURYDICE Network website, the
EURYBASE database on education systems in Europe, and INCA (the
International Review Curriculum and Assessment Frameworks database)
sponsored by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority which includes
selected European, North American and Pacific Rim countries.

We hope the site will be of use to you and would be grateful to receive any
feedback.

Gill Holt/Jenny Loose
Joint Heads of Unit

EURYDICE Unit for England, Wales and Northern Ireland
NFER
The Mere
Upton Park
Slough SL1 2DQ