We are pleased to call to the attention of the Dublin Core community the
following press release from the PRISM (Publishing Requirements for Industry
Standard Metadata) Working Group.

Version 1.0 of the PRISM metadata specification provides a metadata
vocabulary for print and online publishing that has been adopted by an
important array of content providers, including Adobe, Quark, Time Inc.,
Getty Images, Artesia Technologies, Cahners Business Information,
Sothebys.com, Banta New Media, IDG Publications, Interwoven, Vignette, Condé
Nast and Kinecta. Several vendors serving different parts of the publishing
community and other industries are also announcing support for the
specification.

This specification builds on the Dublin Core as a foundation, adding domain
specific elements to support the particular needs of various parts of the
commercial sector.  This is an important achievement for the DCMI community,
representing major commercial adoption of the foundation that our community
has developed over the past several years.

http://www.prismstandard.org/news/2001/0401.asp

stu

Stuart Weibel
Executive Director