Hello there everyone,

Is it not nice to be back to reality where one has to pay for ones own beer?

I just wanted to pick everyone's combined brains. You'll have to excuse me if
the question is a bit simple as before the Workshop I had only met one other
criminology research student.

I am about to try and persuade my supervisor to let me upgrade to PhD from
MPhil. At Goldsmiths it involves going in front of a couple of Prof.s and
persuading them that you should go for the PhD. I also have to produce at
least one chapter and a literature review. I just wondered what you all had
to do and if it is similar to this. How difficult was it to get through and
what was the main concerns of those making the decisions.

Hope you can help.

Cheers,

Ray Gard.