I'm intrigued by this reference to the four stages of history. In research
that I'm doing on "maps" of apocalyptic time (dispensational charts that
attempt a synopsis of Daniel and Revelation while charting the chronology of
the end times), I found one in a 17th-century recusant manuscript in the
Dean & Chapter Library of Norwich Cathedral. You can view it at:

http://www.tncc.cc.va.us/faculty/longt/England2000/RotaMundi.htm

I'd be grateful if anyone could point me toward additional analogues or
sources.

//tl

Thomas L. Long, Ph.D.
English Department