Journal of Agrarian Change: 1st issue now available plus FREE sample article

I am delighted to announce publication of the first issue of Journal of
Agrarian Change.  This new journal of agrarian political economy, edited by
Henry Bernstein and Terence J. Byres, both of SOAS, promotes investigation
of the social relations and dynamics of production, property and power in
agrarian formations and their processes of change, both historical and
contemporary.

For a deeper insight into the mission of this new project, read the Editors'
inaugral article, From Peasant Studies to Agrarian Change, FREE through the
journal home page at: http://www.blackwellpublishers.co.uk/journals/jac.
Details of subscription rates, free electronic access and notes for
contributors may also be found at this URL.  A listing of the contents of
the current and forthcoming issues is included below.

To receive regular updates on the contents of each issue as it is published,
simply sign up with SELECT, Blackwell Publisher's E-mail Alerting Service at
http://select.blackwellpublishers.co.uk

Please do not hesitate to contact me at [log in to unmask]
should you require any further information about Journal of Agrarian Change.

Judy Cornish, Journals Marketing Manager, Blackwell Publishers

VOLUME 1, NUMBER 1, JANUARY 2001

Editorial Statement
Henry Bernstein and Terence J. Byres

>From Peasant Studies to Agrarian Change
Henry Bernstein and Terence J. Byres

The Concept of Sebestoimost' in Russian Farm Accounting: A Very Unmagical
Mystery Tour
Gavin Kitching

>From Village Artisans to Industrial Clusters: Agendas and Policy Gaps in
Indian Rural Industrializaion
Ashwani Saith

Large and Middle Farmers in the Groundnut Sector in Senegal in the Context
of Liberalization and Structural Adjustment
Carlos Oya

OBITUARY
Arvind N. Das (1949-2000)
Jan Breman

VOLUME 1, NUMBER 2, APRIL 2001

The Low Countries in the Transition to Capitalism
Robert P. Brenner

The Impact of the Asian Economic Crisis on Work and Welfare in Village Java
Jan Breman

Telling Environmental Change Like It Is? Reflections on a Study in
Sub-Saharan Africa
Henry Bernstein and Philip Woodhouse

APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTINGS

The information in this email is confidential and is intended for the
addressee(s) only. Access, copying, dissemination or re-use of information
in it by anyone else is unauthorised. Any views or opinions presented are
Blackwell Publishers Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient please
contact Blackwell Publishers Ltd, +44 (0)1865 791100.