Dear List Members,

A colleague teaching the Spanish (?) story of the
miracle in which the BVM took the place of a nun who
ran away (temporarily) with her lover asked me what
would have happened to the nun if Our Lady had not
intervened and taken the nun's place in the cloister,
i.e. what happened to errant nuns. My first reaction
was to say it depended on the century and the place.
But the legend has spanned the centuries; nonetheless
I thought someone on this list might be able to be
much more precise and helpful than I.

Thanks so much in advance,
MG