Dear all.

I just want to say thanks for all those who replied to my earlier request
for  websites dealing with UK public library standards, rankings and
statistics.

I have setteled  for the website most mentioned: the on the Public library
actuals statistics data, from the UK Institute of Public Finance,
Statistical Information Service, Datanet.

The link to this website in Info Connect LIS Directory, is now under "UK
libraries" at:
http://www.geocities.com/infolibrary/Page26.htm

Please let me know of any other website, particularly UK or European public
library rankings.

Regards.

Godfrey.

Author
Info Connect LIS Directory 2001
http://www.geocities.com/infolibrary/Page1.htm

>Dear all.
>
>I wonder if anyone can help me here.
>
>Over the weekend, an American public librarian provided me with a link to a
>performance monitoring service (for American libraries) called  Hennen's
>American Public Library Ratings (HAPLR) system. She also asked me if  the
>UK has any similar survey.
>
>The link to HALPR is at the Info Connect LIS Directory, under "US
>libraries" at:
>http://www.geocities.com/infolibrary/Page26.htm
>
>HAPLR public library rankings are well respected in the US, (the first
>rankings published in 1999, and it is believed such performance monitoring
>services have helped push up the overall standards of US public libraries.

>The (non-governmental) rankings are conducted by Thomas Hennen.
Are there any annual non-governmental surveys of UK public