Dear all.

Thought I should add here that several full-text foreign-language newspapers
are already on the web, they are either free to access or subscription
based.

I have compiled (with the help of a former journalism student in the US) a
list of all major news sources on the web, which includes not just thousands
of foreign-language newspapers, but also important foreign-language news
agencies and foreign-language TV and radio news stations.

These can be found at the "W" links of the Info Connect Library Directory
at:
http://www.geocities.com/infolibrary/Page28.htm

When you get to the link, scroll down till you get to "WORLD NEWS"

In addition, links to three of the top translators (text and URL
translation) have been added to allow English speakers to read the
foreign-language newspapers and news agencies.

While I will try not to get drawn into compiling the advantages and
disadvantages between web and CD-ROM based  foreign-language newspapers
(such as those from Lexis-Nexis and NewsBank), I thought I would point out
that more foreign-language newspapers exist on the web than on CD-ROM,
(probably those recently published in print format, those with low
circulation numbers and thus  just not indexed by  providers of electronic
versions of newspapers, or simply foreign-language newspapers that are
Internet-only newspapers, with no print formats.)

Hope you will find this useful.

Regards.

Godfrey.