Dear All

In Worcestershire we are thinking about how we want the SMR to
look and function in the next few years and I would value your
advice.

We envisage a series of layers such as "hard SMR" (that is bits of
SMR information such as events/activities, chance finds,
placenames, airphotos etc etc), consultations (planning and
country side stewardship etc), and a series of interpretative layers
which might break down both urban and rural landscapes into
components to which we can attach research questions etc.

These interpretative layers would draw on the extensive urban
surveys, the historic landscape characterisation, regional and
county research designs as well as site specific information. To
start with they will probably be very simplisitic but the intention
would be for this to create an ongoing research cycle where
research questions derived from fieldwork and county wide surveys
could be easily accessed and easily modified.

Obviously we are at an early stage but I wondered if anyone was
thinking if doing anything remotely like this or better still had done
it and could give us some hints.

I look forward to hearing from you

Victoria Bryant
Victoria Bryant