In a message dated 3/13/01 9:15:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Please, Does anyone know who was creator of NNT?

I am not sure, but I know this is the reference where I first discovered the
term, and it led to my becoming an evidence-based physician--and changed my
life.  In my opinion, one of the landmark articles in the history of
medicine.  Here's the reference:

Laupacis A, Sackett DL, Roberts RS.
An assessment of clinically useful measures of the consequences of treatment.
N Engl J Med. 1988 Jun 30;318(26):1728-33.

Cheers and Best Wishes,
Brian
Brian Budenholzer, MD
Director, Clinical Enhancement & Development
ACN18
Group Health Cooperative; Network Services Division
PO Box 204
Spokane, WA  99210-0204
USA

509/ 838-9100 X 7393