Dear  Sir /Madam,

I am pleased to send you the list of PSAN's February's Updates.

All references listed furtherdown  can be found directly on PSAN website
at http://www.psan.org/

I take the opportunity to remind you that he access to the site is free
of charge as well as the subscription to the monthly updates' mailing,
and that you are welcome to advertise your own publications.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact with me if you wish to do so.

Thank you for your interest in PSAN.

Elisabeth Sieca-Kozlowski

         Post-Soviet Armies Newsletter
         http://www.psan.org/

Monday, 5 February 2001

The Warlords' Next Move By Pavel Felgenhauer
SPECIAL / CHECHNYA

Les petits soldats, Valentina Melnikova & Anna Lebedev
PUBLICATIONS / BOOKS

Monday, 12 february 2001

Alternative service in Russia (the site)
SOCIAL ASPECTS / MILITARY SERVICE

Corruption is among the main problems for Russia's secret services
POWER MINISTRIES-INTELLIGENCE / FEDERAL SECURITY SERVICE

The Non-Military Security Forces of Ukraine, T. Kuzio
NEW PARAMILITARY FORCES / UKRAINE

The Struggle against Economic Crime in Russia and Implementation of Public Policy by Law  Enforcement Agencies (1965-1995)
DOCTORAL THESIS

Monday, 19 February 2001

(1)Chechnya Weekly newsletter,by John Dunlop
(2) Large Force In Small Packages (Small Garrisons In The Villages Of Chechnya - A Very Bad Idea)
SPECIAL / CHECHNYA

Generals Prefer Restoration
BUILDING NATIONAL ARMIES / RUSSIAN FEDERATION

The State of Ukraine's Armed Forces and Military Reform
BUILDING NATIONAL ARMIES / URKAINE

Personnel Changes In Belorussian Security Structures
POWER MINISTRIES-INTELLIGENCE / BELARUS

Monday, 26 February 2001

Military Conscription in Chechnya
SPECIAL CHECHNYA

Russian Draftees Still Fear Beatings In Army
SOCIAL ASPECTS / DEDOVSHCHINA / RF

Retired army, policemen launch new party
NEW ROLES FOR THE MILITARY / ARMY & POLITICS / RF

Voina Armiia, Demokratiia
COMING EVENTS / CONFERENCES