Sean B. Palmer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> For example, the appropriate literal of the band with the
>> URI http://www.thebeatles.com/ would be "The Beatles".
>> Don't you think so?
> No, because domain names are "owned", or rented at least, so the owner
> of the domain may not be happy if you associated that string with The
> Beatles, and used it out of context.

Fine... but for the sake of argument, let's talk about the resource for the
band most people call "The Beatles".

>> If not, what would you choose as the literal.
> i.e., just set up a proprietary URI for it, and hang some RDFS stuff
> off of it.

Yes, but this doesn't answer the question -- what's the literal?

That is -- if I say the author is the resource I describe above and my
system needed a text string to represent the author, what should it use? I'd
argue "The Beatles" would be the best. Don't you think so?

--
[ Aaron Swartz | [log in to unmask] | http://www.aaronsw.com ]