Hi all,

I'd like to put together a reading group on urban social movements for
people in the London area (or anyone else who'd be willing to make the
commute in periodically).  In this group I envision us reading things
ranging from academic work (from people like Tilly, Touraine, etc.), to
things in the popular press (articles from "Shelterforce," etc.), to
writings by activists (Globalize This!, etc.), to fiction (Steinbeck's
"In Dubious Battle," etc.), to hopefully each other's work...

Therefore I have a pretty broad conception of where I'd like to go with
this, but as a fairly recent migrant to the UK, I'm feeling a bit
disconnected and think this would be very productive in terms of helping
me to connect with what is going on here (my motives are therefore a bit
selfish).  Can any interested people contact me?

Also, I'm not sure where I should be posting this note (and I recognize
that this list is probably not the greatest, since I'd like to have
organizers, practitioners, activists involved as well as the usual
academics), so could people suggest places where I could post this note
or forward it along to people they know who they think might be
interested.

Thanks, James

--
James DeFilippis