sorry for cross-posting -

        anyone up on the latest theories or definitions of "race"?
        president assad of syria was quoted on CNN today as saying that israel
was more racist than the nazis - which got me wondering: why are jews still
talked of as being a race (last time i was in israel the israelis were a mix of
russians, mediterranean/mid-eastern types, ethiopians, fair-haired western
europeans, the odd indian or chinese, etc.) while no one to my knowledge (might
be wrong) has ever talked about a "christian" or a "muslim" race -

geoff carver
http://home.t-online.de/home/gcarver/