RE: chest drains

I have used this method on a number of occasions, I think after a posting by Matthew Cooke to this site. The patients did not like it.  They generally had tocough very deeply or almost Valsalva to expel air. I think you are also on very dodgy ground suggesting you can equate size of pneumothorax and number of coughs needed to expel all the air. Air bubbling or coughing after the procedure could merely mean that you have not completely treated the pneumo.

Anyone else have experience of the method?

Phil Davies
Cheltenham

This message may contain privileged or confidential information.
If you receive this message in error please return it to the sender and delete all copies - thankyou.