From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">David Vickery
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 12:51 PM
Subject: chest drains

I believe that the British Thoracic Society are about to modify their guidelines on the management of spontaneous pneumothorax, to recommend the use of size 10 - 14 French gauge chest drains as standard.

What are people's experience in using these, and are there any increased risks of kinking, blocking or of being insufficient diameter to cope with large air leaks?

David Vickery
Consultant in Emergency Medicine
Gloucestershire Royal NHS Trust

Do You Yahoo!?