Well this rather led me to that conclusion:

>Besides there's nothing like a thio GA for depressing your resps,
> BP and GCS! (thio is after all a barbiturate,isn't it?).

 Respiratory depression will lead to poor oxygen delivery. I did not want people to go away with the idea that GA was not a good idea in
seizure control; it is still the treatment of choice. However, it is important to distinguish between being anaesthetised and having your
cerebral seizure activity terminated. You can be completely immobile as a result of muscle relaxant drugs and yet still have massive
aberrant cerebral electrical activity.

Best wishes,

Rowley Cottingham