Well said, Rowley. 'No tests that don't alter management' includes elements
of clinical examination. Use your brain instead of following pathways.
'Problem Solving in Clinical Medicine: From data to diagnosis' (P Cutler;
Williams and Wilkins 1979- there may be a more recent edition) covers this
well- good diagnosticians refine with each question or element of
examination and add or remove error correcting questions from their list
until a diagnosis is reached rather than following a rigid 'clerking' model.

Matt Dunn