David

I do n't think all underground wells and springs have an underground flow if
you mean that there is an underground watercourse that is identifiable like
a streamway through a cavern. Most are fed by water seeping through rock and
fissures. In a few rare instances the fissures give rise to a self flushing
action. An underground chamber slowly fills up and when it overflows it
produces a simple syphonic action until it empties again.

Doess that sound plausible?

Bruce