Dear all

I have been asked to obtain 4 paper copies of the Beattie report
Implementing inclusiveness, realising potential  which is readily available
at:
> http://www.scotland.gov.uk/library2/doc04/bere-00.htm

I was also asked to obtain some vaguely described 'parallel reports' which
did not appear on the web site and this led to lengthy email correspondence
with various contacts eventually resulting in the relevant items being sent
to us.  However, during this process I learnt that the printed report was no
longer available - it is now only available for downloading.

My understanding (hope) is that Crown Copyright allows us to print off and
bind copies for 'in-house use'. We certainly cannot expect students to do
this individually and few would have the time or inclination to digest a 200
page document at a computer screen.

But what we really want to do is buy properly printed copies to provide
students (many on continuing professional development courses)  the
opportunity to study this and other reports in depth.
Is anyone else coming up against this as a problem?

Val Hamilton
Faculty Librarian, Human Sciences
University of Stirling