Hi Andrew,
I reckon one of the best descriptions of the coding process I've read is
Orona's piece in Social Science and medicine.
She doesn't deal with Corbin and Strauss's levels of coding so much as how
she processed it.  Extremely useful I thought.
Best
Doug.

Orona, C., 1990 'Temporality and identity loss due to Alzheimer's disease'
Social Science and Medicine, vol. 30, pp. 1247-1256.