----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">k.reese
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2001 11:57 AM
Subject: policy on post chiro/osteo

Dear All

I have always had a personal policy of not seeing a patient whilst they are still seeing an osteo/chiro at the same time and I think this is quite logical.

I have also not seen a patient for 1 month after seeing such a practitioner if they have made the symptoms worse. The reason for one month is that if harm has been done a month is needed to allow symptoms to settle to a level to determine who has inflicted the harm. With their several schools/factions in both the above professions I have always found it hard to judge the competency of say a chiro, especially as chiros themselves are derogatory to different schools using the same professional name.

Such a scenario is a regular item in our hospital dept, ie I saw one of the above, am now a lot worse, now I want physio; 3 in the last week. Obviously there are medical and legal issues and the physio taking on the care may be vunerable to litergation, especially if the private practitioner has no tangible insurance. Do any hospitals/clinics have a policy on this issue and would you share it with me.

Warm Regards Kevin Reese PT