From: "Scott Epsley" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: policy on post chiro/osteo

> Guys,
> I see your point on the legal issues.  However, I often treat athletes who
are simultaneously recieving other treatments, mainstream or alternate.
Often this is an important psychological issue, and quite frankly, I think
often beneficial.  For instance, massage and accupuncture are complimentary
to joint mobilisation, manipulation and muscle re-education.  Athletes often
feel that the chiro gives them immediate relief, and have used a chiro for
some time.  I'm not going to change that.  What I see as important is that
they are consulting me because they realise that muscle strengthening etc.
that may not have been addressed adequately by the chiro is important.