The topos of a pillar of light revealing the location or sanctity of a
body is fairly common in hagiography.  In addition to the case of Oswald,
Bede includes similar references in Historia ecclesiastica, 5.10 (the
location of the slain Hewalds); cf. 4.7 (indicating where nuns of Barking
should be buried); 4.10 (marking a grave at Barking containing many monks
and nuns).  Gregory of Tours presents a similar story in Liber in gloria
confessorum, ed. B. Krusch, MGH, SS. Rer. Merov., vol. 1:2,
pp. 309-310.  For examples in the passions of (mostly ancient) martyrs,
see the index to Mombritius, Sanctuarium, 2:803, s. v. "martyrum corpora
luce mirabili revelata."

Going back to Britain, I have seen the assertion that a celestial beacon
was said to have revealed the body of the ancient martyr St. Alban, but I
haven't traced a source.  Beyond that, most of the English saints I have
found associated with such lights were, like Oswald, Anglo-Saxon
royalty.  Archdeacon Hermann spoke of a light over the first grave of
St. Edmund (Miracula sancti Eadmundi, 2), a detail apparently unknown to
Abbo of Fleury.  For other examples, see Byrhtferth, Passio Ethelberti
atque Ethelberti, 5, p. 8; Passio Ethelredi atque Ethelbricti,
p. 95; Passio Fthelberti, pp. 241-242; Passio Eadwardi, p. 7; Vita
Kenelmi, 8, p. 62; Vita brevior Kenelmi, p. 129; Vita Wistani, p. 331.  On
the phenomenon generally, see Rollason, "The Cults of Murdered Royal
Saints," p. 13; Folz, Les saints rois, p. 66.  (For full citations, see
below.)

A later English example is in Thomas of Monmouth, The Life and Miracles of
St. William of Norwich, 1.9, ed. and tr. Augustus Jessopp and M. R. James,
pp. 31-32.  In this case, two beacons appear to form a ladder.

Among the most famous examples is the legendary etymology of Compostela
from campus stellarum or "field of stars" because of the many lights in
the sky over the cemetery where the body of St. James lay in temporary
anonymity.