Dear Antonio,

I suggest that the Antarctic Digital database (http://www.nerc-bas.ac.uk/magic/add_home.html) might be a useful pointer to have available. We manage this database on behalf of the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research, and it is available free of charge for academic and non-profit use. Antarctica is, perhaps, the only continent with complete coverage at the highest resolution available accessible publicly free and on-line. Having said that, the highest resolution available isn't very high (1:250,000 for most coastal regions).

All the best

Paul Cooper

<<< Antonio da Cruz <[log in to unmask]>  2/16 10:02a >>>
Dear friends,
I've been asked to consider expanding the use of Digital
Data in the Map Library here at Liverpool.  I've made a
list of things that are currently available and would
welcome suggestions for items that you find useful.
Here are my lists:
Network delivered:
Digimap (five Ordnance Survey data sets)
UKBorders
Geoplan Postcode CD

Only on Map Library PC:
Scamp (1991 census mapping package)
Sitescope CDs for Lancashire and Cheshire (historic
Ordnance Survey cartographic data)
Topo!  (cartographic
data of part of California)
Regional Trends (30 years data)
DK World Reference Atlas
Autoroute Plus
Global Explorer
OS Discover London
The Image of the World (BL History of Cartography
CD)

I would like to purchase Encarta to add to the list and
would be very keen to hear further suggestions of useful
CDs etc.
A swift response would be appreciated.
Best wishes
Tinho
Antonio da Cruz (Tinho)               [log in to unmask]
Map Curator, Department of Geography, Roxby Building
University of Liverpool,  LIVERPOOL  L69 7ZT
Telephone:  0151 794 2844    Fax:  0151 794 2866

See the British Archaeological Association web page
http://www.britarch.ac.uk/baa