You should find some good references in the Bandolier's site (Diagnostic
testing emerging from the gloom, Tuberculosis diagnosis, etc.).
A rare metanalysis on diagnostic tests for UTIs is by Gorelick et al in
Pediatrics 104 (5) page ?, 1999.
Ebell et al use an LR-based clinical prediction rule for Strep Throat (JAMA
284,2912,2000).
More examples in Black et al Diagnostic Strategies for common medical
problems  2nd Ed 1999, ACP.
A review on the physicians' testing practices in JAMA 1998, 280, 2020.
Hope it helps.
I'm strongly interested on this subject, too. Did you find anything else?
Giuseppe

At 16.22 23/01/01 +1300, you wrote:
>I am trying to put together some reading for an EBP paper. I have found very
>few papers investigating or empirically demonstrating the impact of the
>factors influencing validity in diagnostic studies outlined in the JAMA
>series and Sackett et al's book.
>
>Does anybody have some good references or a list of such?
>
>Andrew Jull
>Clinical Nurse Consultant
>Auckland Hospital
>NEW ZEALAND

Dr. Giuseppe Giocoli
Gruppo di Lavoro EBM
Associazione Microbiologi Clinici Italiani
Via Sarca, 19
25015 DESENZANO d/G (BS) Italia