We did not enter any this January ... we wanted to but SMT said "NO". But
now we have discovered that some subjects have entered candidates!!! So we
will next year!

Next year I want to enter candidates for Unit 2 - Human Resourses and
Operations. Main reason being that we share teaching accross two schools and
the weighting in unit one of Marketing over Finance makes it difficult to
get the Marketing section covered in good time!

I went on a course last summer with Ian Marcouse. Ian was encouraging a
January entry and he said that the experience of pilot schools was that
those who entered in Jan of Y12 were pleased they did and those who didn't
do a Jan entry wanted to on the second run through (ie last month) ..... so
there is AQA's Chief Examiners opinion! Another of Ian's points was that it
made sense to enter students for the Finance and Marketing module of A2 in
Jan Y13 because Finance is the area where many students lack confidence and
are most likely to need a re-sit. In addition if you take the coursework
route then the students are left with just one A2 Summer exam!

Julie Parton
Norton Canes High School, Cannock