I am seeking a definition of a "Young Carer" which is in line with the
social model of disability.  We are developing support for FAMILIES and
wish to lay the emphasis for support to parents with disability to include
their parenting needs.  A policy is being developed for Parents with
Disability, sensory impairment, ill health, mental ill health and/or
addiction problems.  This should breach the divide between Children &
Families and Adult service, however we need a way of describing children
who provide care and support to a parent in such a way that we a)identify
those families we aim to support, b)recognise the role of children in the
family who provide care and c)recognise the need for support to some of
those young people.
I am struggling with the semantics, so any help would be gratefully
received.

are now located at: