On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Matola,Tod wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After many attempts, I would to suggest a strong candidate for the
> Namespace. It is based on a pattern we realized was applied to all documents
> on DCMI (v3.0) site. We realized that machine readable documents are
> documents so we just applied that basic naming pattern.
>
> So here goes. The pattern is
> http://dublincore.org/documents/yyyy/mm/dd-name
> <http://dublincore.org/documents/<date>/<rdfs_document> #
>
> Examples:
> http://dublincore.org/documents/2000/07/11-dcq
> <http://dublincore.org/documents/2000/07/11/deq> #alternative
> http://dublincore.org/documents/2000/07/11-dcq
> <http://dublincore.org/documents/2000/07/11/deq> #
> http://dublincore.org/documents/2000/07/11-d
> <http://dublincore.org/documents/2000/07/11/deq> ct#
> http://dublincore.org/documents/2000/07/11-d
> <http://dublincore.org/documents/2000/07/11/deq> ct#Event

Tod,
As document URLs these are fine (though I might query the use of '/' in
the dates)... but a namespace isn't a document is it?

Why aren't all DC namespaces PURLs?  What's wrong with versioning some
namespaces with numbers and some with dates, as appropriate?  What's wrong
with

http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
http://purl.org/dc/qualifiers/2000-07-11/
http://purl.org/dc/types/1.0/

which seem perfectly straightforward and consistent to me?  Apologies if I
should know the answer to these questions from previous postings - it's
hard to keep up sometimes :-(

Andy.

> (Note: Upper case for class and lower case of properties (of the fragment)).
>
> Finally,
> http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/ <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>
> will point to
> http://dublincore.org/documents/1999/07/02-dces#
> <http://dublincore.org/documents/1999/07/02-dces#>
>
> I will be rewriting Eric's 2000-03-13 set of rdfs documents to reflect this
> as examples for folks to review.
>
> Cheers Tod Matola
> DCMI/OCLC office of research

Andy
--
Distributed Systems and Services
UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK       [log in to unmask]