Dear All,

I would like to take this opportunity as to inform you about and  to
invite you  to   "Trans-European Management 2001",  an International
Working Conference to find answers to the question "What it means to be
a manager in Europe?" This conference will be jointly sponsored by I.TEM
(Initiative for Trans-European Management) and the Tavistock Institute.
It will take place in Coesfeld/Westphalia/Germany for the 9th time this
year. The dates are June 29 to July 6, 2001.

This conference will be of interest to managers who are prepared to
rethink the nature of management in a European context. Students of
management or related subjects are also invited to apply. Unlike usual
academic conferences this Working Conference does not include
presentations and papers; the learning which will be offered will be
derived by the exploration of the experience from managerial work within
the conference as a temporary system.

The working languages of the conference are English and German. All
participants mut be able to work in at least one of these languages.
There is a limit of 60 places available. Partcipants from Eastern Europe
will pay a reduced fee.

You will find further information on this Working Conference on the
following webpage:

In English:
http://www.wiwi.uni-wuppertal.de/sievers/downloads/tem_2001eng.pdf

In German:
http://www.wiwi.uni-wuppertal.de/sievers/downloads/tem_2001deu.pdf

May I kindly ask you also to forward this announcement to friends and
colleagues who might be interested.
Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need further
information.

Looking forward to welcoming you on June 29, 2001 at Coesfeld.

Best regards,
Burkard Sievers
Director Trans-European Management 2001