oz; what you want, then, sheila? the stereotypes or what we really think?
        there's crocodile dundee and mad max, certainly (but also the fact that
there are 2 australian film directors named george miller); theodore white,
galipoli, bruce chatwin's songlines, the australian philosopher's drinking song
(aka the bruces), bruce and sheila, XXXX, some relatively good wine, funny hats
on the lifeguards, etc. -
        nick roeg's walkabout, dame edith somebody -
        it's long been my personal opinion vis a vis the aussies, that they
suffer under a psychological burden - a feeling of inadequacy - which must be
lived up to in terms of somewhat over-the-top behaviour and is the result of the
preferred means of locomotion of the largest still extant non-humanoid mammalian
species being bouncing, a definitely eccentric form of behaviour and possibly
inneficient means of getting about -

geoff carver
http://home.t-online.de/home/gcarver/