Hello all,
I am conducting my undergraduate dissertation and looking for suitable subjects. I would appreciate it if list members could let me know if they or anyone they know might be suitable and interested in participating.

The title of the investigation is ‘Body Image in female runners and its effect on dietary behaviour.’ I plan to gauge attitudes towards food, dieting, training and body image via a questionnaire and do an interactive body image test using digital photography and a computer.

Subjects need to be female, 18 or over and competing in cross-country events at a reasonable level (schools, clubs, county, national etc). They also need to be willing to spare a couple of hours to attend the laboratory at South Bank University in London to do the body image test and for measurements of height, weight and body fat to be taken. I anticipate this will be around the end of February.

If anyone is interested, or requires further details, please email me. I'd also be interested to hear if anyone knows of similar studies, ie. using computer-generated images to assess body image..

Thanks. Apologies if this request contravenes list etiquette.

Sam Murphy