Re: evidence - more than just RCTs.
Areas of evidence in clinical practice are dominated by treatment and the gold standard is the RCTs.

It is important for clinicians to understand that the Journal literature relating to Evidence Based Practice is predominantly about Evidence Based *Medicine*  - treatments. There are other important areas in EBM that PTs may wish to consider:

Prognosis
Diagnosis
Diagnostic Tests
1. Safety
2. Feasibility
3. Validity
4. Reliability
5. Sensitivity
6. Specificity
Positive Predictive Value
Negative predictive Value
Harm
Treatment

Sacketts et al (1997) Evidence Based Medicine

Another issue is that for EBM "Are we asking the right questions?" This highlights some important Questions in regard to qualitative and the type of evidence research performed. (Editorial Medical Journal of Australia.. I think).

Garry.