Dear Listmembers,

I am forwarding the following announcement from Theresa Vann, manager of the Hill Monastic
Manuscript Library online catalog project.

My apologies if you receive duplicate copies of this message.

If you have questions or comments, please address them to Theresa Vann ([log in to unmask]).

djs
HMML

*******

Dear colleagues:

The Hill Monastic Manuscript Library has just put a portion of its catalogue online at

http://www.hmml.org/resources/resource.html.

The catalogue follows the EAMMS standards for electronic manuscript cataloguing, using the
Access database developed for Digital Scriptorium.  The data comes from the HMML inventory
cards, which are brief descriptions of the manuscript and its contents.  There has been
some tweaking; for example, the "Source" field contains the HMML project number.

This online catalogue currently contains approximately 30,000 of the 90,000 inventory
records in HMML's collection. Most of HMML's Austrian collection is now available.

As a work in progress there are errata and potentially inaccurate entries. HMML welcomes
corrections from users. Include the Source number and the name of the field that needs
correction.  I am working on the obvious typographical errors that have appeared in the
drop down menus.

Please share your thoughts and suggestions on the catalogue

Theresa Vann

Dr. Theresa M. Vann
Hill Monastic Manuscript Library
St. John's University