I must have missed the message to which this is a
response. Anyone interested in Suger's inspiration for
Saint-Denis should read the chapter in Chenu's
_Nature, Man, and Society in the Twelfth Century_
entitled "The Symbolist Mentality"; also _Artistic
Integration in Gothic Buildings_, Raguin, Brush,
Draper, eds.

MG