Dear Schaefer and Hermann and all

Thanks Schaefer and Hermann for your reply.

Let me clarify a bit more before any more mails concerning Type-3
interference pattern comes in. I have already interpreted the structure as
a "Type-3 pattern" in my thesis. what I will be interested in is a good
name/analogue name for the structure. I mean a resemblance of the
structure with any natural object or naturally occurring pattern.

If you examine the structure a bit closely you may see that if the D2 fold
movement forces a westerly major closures then there is inversion of
stratigraphy at the second westernmost and second innermost levels. where
a level is equivalent to a major westerly/easterly D2 closure (Fig.
gms3b-sdd.bmp).

However if easterly major closures accrue due to D2 fold movement then
1st, 3rd and fifth levels show inverted stratigraphy whereas the 2nd and
4th levels show reinverted stratigraphy (Fig. gms3a-sdd.bmp).

Any suggestions and questions are welcome.

Best wishes and regards
Manas

Manas Ranjan Sahoo
Dept. of Geology and Geophysics