Greetings,

--- [log in to unmask] wrote:
> and one of the first entries on the chronology was
>
> 1841-
> Dorothea Dix begins her work on behalf of people with disabilities
> incarcerated
> in jails and poorhouses.
>
> Has anybody heard of this lady before, or have any idea where I could
> find
> information about her and her work?

DIX, Dorothea Lynde
 (1802-1887)
  mental health reformer,
  prison reformer,
  poet.
  US Unitarian
What information do you need? There is quite a bit on the web I think.

> Cheers
>
> Jenny Parry

BB
Cindy J. Bidwell Glaze

=====
And the day came, when the risk to remain tight in bud became more painful than the risk to bloom.
       Anias Nin (1903-1977)