The disability 'movement' has achieved a vast amount in a short time.
Thirty/forty years ago disabled people were still segregated and force fed
low expectations and, whilst this may still happen, to have reached the
stage, in the UK, of having, as examples, anti discrimination legislation,
services to support people to gain employment and groups providing
independent voices for disabled people is a huge step forward. The simple
existence and use of this list is an indicator of how far we've come.

Where there are confusions is what happens next. How does the 'movement'
maintain a momentum for further change and as we become more respected in
the mainstream how much do we have to moderate our actions to work within
the systems that exist? Maybe we don't speak out because we may believe that
we the only voice because the signals coming our way are confused.

Paul

IMPORTANT: This message, together with any associated files or any other material attached to it, is a confidential communication and is intended only for the use of the Individual(s) or Body to whom it is addressed.
It may be subject to legal privilege or may contain information which is confidential in nature, is subject to Copyright or may constitute a Trade Secret.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender at Luton Borough Council of Town Hall, Luton LU1 2BQ England as soon as possible by telephone on Luton (01582) 546000 or
 by using the reply facility in your e-mail software and delete the message from your system.

are now located at: