On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Alberto Reggiori wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > Bang!   So the race is on .. who can be the first to read these schema files
> > and add them to our database ... either the online version or the off line
> > version?
>
> I think Eric Miller set up something already
> http://eor.dublincore.org/ as prototype for such a thing. This is
> actually a good part of what SCHEMAS aims to I think.  IMHO what is
> also really needed today is a kind of registry/service that provide
> maps to/from different vocabularies and app profiles.

Yes, Eric and Tod work, while the rest of the community worries about
the uniqueness of triples in RDF interest group ;)

> I know somebody is trying something similar using XSLT/Schematron
> approach but it would be really nice to have a coordinate effort on
> it.

I suppose that would be me... And the reason I'm trying it that way is
that I've been unable to see how to serialize RDF metadata given the
RDFS of its semantics. I'll give up that effort when I see how to
achieve that, or if I find some software that does it for
me. Schematron might be a good idea anyway, however, if an
applications profile have requirements as regards obligation.

Regards

Sigge