Got to say I'm surprised too, and, as you know, the
earlier the sample the better when it comes to
forensic blood sampling.
Although as an A/E guy and a Polis surgeon I think
it's wierd that a cas blood sample can't be used in
court but a different sample has to be taken at a
later stage for evidential purposes. I would have
thought it would be more humane to do all the blood
work at the same time (after explaining to the patient
and keeping a sample for them).
Is this admissable in England ?
Iain
( I've never had any probs getting near patients
either) In ayrshire we make a point of working with
the A/E people - we need A/E facilities for "stuffers"
these days anyhow. (Jer - how do you lot get on with
those in your area)