Dear Kevin,

I agree with you, science is born out of clinical practice. However, too
often today, I believe there is a big gap between researchers and
clinicians. Nevertheless, I think it is important to understand what we are
doing, to ensure Physiotherapists are scientifically based and not just
clinically proven.

AS with Mckenzie, I think his old hypothesis of disc prolapse has been
disproven. If you visit the Mckenzie webpage, his new hypothesis now has
integrated with Mulligan's joint positional fault hypothesis. Please keep in
mind that these are only hypotheses, and it is a starting point for further
scientific research. I guess like any other experiment, if the scientific
evidence doesn't support the hypothesis, then you simply change the
hypothesis until somebody else disproves it again.

Henry***