From: Zooarchaeology is the analysis of Animal remains from archaeological sites [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Ed Maher
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 1:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Caribbean Dogs

Dear Caribbean Dog Lovers:

  Just to clear up a little misunderstanding: the missing premolars from the dog mandibles in the Caribbean is just something that I ran across in the literature (articles by Wing) in a class I'm taking now, so I haven't actually studied the assemblages themselves. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to post it here to see what everyone's thoughts were on it in terms of what kind of cultural practice it reflects. I suppose the use of restraints is the most likely explaination.

Cheers,

Edward Maher