[log in to unmask] writes:
 > Dreamweaver or Frontpage or Word-converted-to-html - that is the
 > question, well kind of.  Can anyone tell me which tools they
 > consider most appropriate for devolved Web content generation.

If you teach people to write HTML (using DW, Frontpage, whatever),
then they'll *only* write HTML, ie they will do visual presentation
and not semantic content. People could be producing XML, saying what
they mean in a DTD/Schema appropriate to their subject, and you could
be rendering that to HTML for casual browsing. Wouldn't that be a
nicer world?

However, I would not dismiss the Word route. Spawn of the devil though
it is, it is perfectly amenable to tidying and mangling if you are
prepared to set up the production systems. It has the virtue, of
course, of being effectlively free to most academics.

Sebastian Rahtz