I agree that this is unworkable in practice, but I can see the reason
for concern, esp. since "deep linking" is looking increasingly dodgy
legally speaking. But I think the only practical approach to this is to
provide a "guide to good linking practice". Whoever created rule 3
clearly overlooked the fact that links change with alarming regularity,
so not only will approval have to be sought when the page is created,
but presumably every few months thereafter as the links change!

Cheers,

Colin

Colin K. Work, Information Resources Manager
Computing Services
University of Southampton

email [log in to unmask]
tel.  (023) 8059 3090 (direct line)