** Reply to note from [log in to unmask]         Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:50:33 +0100

> I confess that the law on hyperlinking has always been rather unclear to
> me, so I would be interested to hear of academic institution's policies
> concerning seeking permission prior to creating a link to external
> websites?

Howdy,

None.  It is the nature of the web ... let them take us to court.

Having said that, you should not show outside material within "your" frames
and if you link deep down on another site maybe you should link higher up.

Charles

Charles Christacopoulos, Secretary's Office, University of Dundee,
Dundee DD1 4HN, Scotland, United Kingdom.
Tel: +44+(0)1382-344891. Fax: +44+(0)1382-201604.
http://www.somis.dundee.ac.uk/
Scottish Search Maestro http://somis2.ais.dundee.ac.uk/